For your team, the work Christmas party is one of the most anticipated work-related get-togethers of the year. It is the perfect opportunity, at the close of the year, for businesses to come together to reflect on their success and reward their staff for all of the hard work they have put in. It is this celebration, combined with the relief that the year is over and the festive spirit that means the office Christmas party never fails to disappoint.
Here are 10 things that you can guarantee will go down at your office Christmas party this year.
1. Someone will misinterpret the dress code
and they will never live it down.
2. Someone will think they can dance
Free flowing alcohol and cheesy pop hits are a potent combination
3. Someone will drink too much and be sick...
4. The quiet one will let their hair down
This is the one night of the year they really let loose and they have an absolute ball!
5. Someone will shout shots...
Usually the generous and happy drunk who wants everyone to feel the love.
6. There will be lots of unflattering Snapchat stories
but don't worry no one can be bothered to sit through 2 minutes of you and your colleagues singing/screaming Christmas songs
7. Someone will tell the MD how the company should actually be run
8. Somebody will cry
There's no harm in that apart from it might be embarrassing the next time you face your colleagues.
9. Someone will refuse to dance
But they'll still get dragged onto the dancefloor and feel compelled to stay there until the end of the song, dancing to pretend they're enjoying themselves.
10. Someone will have a sneaky kiss
That they will inevitably regret in the morning along with their horrendous hangover